Tasks of the Finance Working Group: The Finance Team is responsible for all tasks related to banking, fees, sponsoring and financial matters. This includes the following tasks:
- Managing the Finances of the SCC: Keeping an overview of SCC’s finances and ensuring long-term financial sustainability
- Applying for Sponsorship: Applying for sponsorships to increase SCC’s financial budgets in cooperation with the ER Team.
- Financial Consultation of Projects: Consulting and advising SCC-Projects by documenting expenditures and creating financial plans
- Understanding of Banking and Accounting
- Reliability and Responsibility: Being reachable, organized and structured, accomplishing tasks on time, keeping up with the processes of the SCC, etc.
- German language: to deal with finance-related legal matters in Germany, where the SCC is officially based, good German language requirements have to be met (e.g. to communicate with the Germany treasury department which is checking the SCC’s finances)
- Strong Communication Skills: Experiences with virtual multicultural teams, moderation skills, protocol writing experience, etc.
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills: Empathy and emotional intelligence, intercultural sensitivity, inclusive and open personality, team-player, etc.
- Strong leadership skills: experience in leadership positions, clear vision of what should be achieved with SCC, motivating others, etc.
Tasks as the Coordinator of the FinanceWorking Group
- Managing the Bank Account: Legallyresponsiblefor handling financial matters
- Finding and Motivating People to Work in the Finance Working Group
- Managing Finance’s Internal Communication: establishing regular communication between Finance team members to set objectives, plan projects and fulfill tasks.
- Task Distribution and Monitoring: Coordinating which tasks are handled by which team member, delegating responsibilities. Tracking the progress of the Finance working group and ensure the meeting of deadlines and objectives.
- Informing Team Members about Important Board Decisions
- Contact Person: First contact for financial questions, ideas, and issues.
- Creating Open and Inclusive Work Environment: Equal opportunities for everyone, respect for and inclusion of different opinions, promoting culturally and gender-sensitive communication.
Tasks as a Member of the Board
- Monthly Video Call Meetings: Preparation for and participation in all meetings is a crucial task for board members. This includes reading the agenda and proposals before the meeting.
- Informing Chairs and Board about the FinanceWorking Group: What was the group up to? What has it accomplished? What is it up to? Are there any problems which have to be discussed in the board meeting?
- Participating in the Decision-making Process of the Board: The strategic long-term decisions discussed in the board meetings require ever board member to engage in discussions to find the best solution.
- Representing the FinancePerspectiveand Interests: In board meetings and in general matters, the Financecoordinator represents the interests of the Finance working group and likewise, contributes to the discussions with their group-specific knowledge.
- Taking over Special Tasks: Sometimes upcoming tasks match the responsibilities of several or no teams. In these cases, it’s the duty of all board members to take over these special tasks, e.g. organizing the General Assembly.
- Report: At the General Assembly in 2021, each board member will be asked to report on what they have accomplished in their term.