Tasks of the IT Working Group:The task of the IT group is to deal with matters related to our ITtools, to data protection regulation and tech support. This includes the following tasks:
- Administration of IT-Tools: Google Drive, Flock, E-Mails, Website, zoom/alternatives
- Development of Systemised IT-Infrastructure: developing drive structure and Flockstructure, Password Manager, etc.)
- New Tech: Finding new technical solutions for digital communication or collaboration with our members
- IT-Support: Developing and IT-support for SCC members (for questions about Flock, Drive, etc.)
- GDPR:Ensuring data protection in line with the GDPR regularities
- Strong Communication Skills: Experiences with virtual multicultural teams, moderation skills, protocol writing experience, etc.
- Advanced Understanding of IT: Understanding of data protection issues, handling of IT tools, etc.
- Reliability and Responsibility: Being reachable, organized and structured, accomplishing tasks on time, keeping up with the processes of the IT_working group and the board, etc.
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills: Empathy and emotional intelligence, intercultural sensitivity, inclusive and open personality, team-player, etc.
- Motivation and Creativity: Dedication to spend much time in this position and the advancement of SCC and the ability to develop and implement new ideas.
- Strong leadership skills: experience in leadership positions, clear vision of what should be achieved with SCC, motivating others, etc.
Tasks as the Coordinator of the IT Working Group
- Finding and Motivating People to Work in the Finance Working Group
- Managing IT’s Internal Communication: establishing regular communication between IT team members to set objectives, plan projects and fulfill tasks.
- Task Distribution and Monitoring: Coordinating which tasks are handled by which team member, delegating responsibilities. Tracking the progress of the IT-working group and ensure the meeting of deadlines and objectives.
- Informing Team Members about Important Board Decisions
- Contact Person: First contact for IT questions, ideas and issues.
- Creating Open and Inclusive Work Environment: Equal opportunities for everyone, respect for and inclusion of different opinions, promoting culturally and gender-sensitive communication.
Tasks as a Member of the Board
- Monthly Video Call Meetings: Preparation for and participation in all meetings is a crucial task for board members. This includes reading the agenda and proposals before the meeting.
- Informing Chairs and Board about the IT Working Group: What was the group up to? What has it accomplished? What is it up to? Are there any problems which have to be discussed in the board meeting?
- Participating in the Decision-making Process of the Board: Thestrategic long-term decisions discussed in the board meetings require ever board member to engage in discussions to find the best solution.
- Representing the ITPerspectiveand Interests: In board meetings and in general matters, the IT coordinator represents the interests of the IT working group and likewise, contributes to the discussions with their group-specific knowledge.
- TakingoverSpecial Tasks: Sometimes upcoming tasks match the responsibilities of several or no teams. In these cases, it’s the duty of all board members to take over these special tasks, e.g. organizing the General Assembly.
- Report: At the General Assembly in 2021, each board member will be asked to report on what they have accomplished in their term.