Tasks of the PM Working Group: The PM team is responsible for the communication and collaboration between SCC and IstKon as well as connecting SCC members. This includes the following tasks:
- Dialogue: Enhancing dialogue between SCC and IstKon members
- Consulting: Supporting the IstKon Core Team in the planning process of IstKon
- Organizing Local Events: Communication with members at the local level to initiate local events for SCC members and IstKon-Alumni (workshops, discussions, seminars, social events, etc.)
- Inclusion of Members: Building structures to get input from our members
- Creativity and Innovation: The PM coordinator should have new ideas for the local events and find creative solutions to connect SCC and IstKon members.
- Strong Communication Skills: Experiences with virtual multicultural teams, moderation skills, protocol writing experience, etc.
- Experience: Event planning and organizing IstKon experience is beneficial.
- Reliability and Responsibility: Being reachable, organized and structured, accomplishing tasks on time, keeping up with the processes of the PMworking group and the board, etc.
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills: Empathy and emotional intelligence, intercultural sensitivity, inclusive and open personality, team-player, etc.
- Motivation: Dedication to spend much time in this position and the advancement of SCC.
- Strong leadership skills: experience in leadership positions, clear vision of what should be achieved with SCC, motivating others, etc.
Tasks as the Coordinator of the PM Working Group
- Finding and Motivating People to Work in the PM Working Group
- Managing PM’s Internal Communication: establishing regular communication between PM team members to set objectives, plan projects and fulfill tasks.
- Task Distribution and Monitoring: Coordinating which tasks are handled by which team member, delegating responsibilities. Tracking the progress of the PM working group and ensure the meeting of deadlines and objectives.
- Overseeing project planning: supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of local projects.
- Informing Team Members about Important Board Decisions
- Contact Person: First contact for questions, ideas, and issues regarding PM.
- Creating Open and Inclusive Work Environment: Equal opportunities for everyone, respect for and inclusion of different opinions, promoting culturally and gender-sensitive communication.
Tasks as a Member of the Board
- Monthly Video Call Meetings: Preparation for and participation in all meetings is a crucial task for board members. This includes reading the agenda and proposals before the meeting.
- Informing Chairs and Board about the PMWorking Group: What was the group up to? What has it accomplished? What is it up to? Are there any problems which have to be discussed in the board meeting?
- Participating in the Decision-making Process of the Board: The strategic long-term decisions discussed in the board meetings require ever board member to engage in discussions to find the best solution.
- Representing the PMPerspectiveand Interests: In board meetings and in general matters, the PMcoordinator represents the interests of the PMworking group and likewise, contributes to the discussions with their group-specific knowledge.
- TakingoverSpecial Tasks: Sometimes upcoming tasks match the responsibilities of several or no teams. In these cases, it’s the duty of all board members to take over these special tasks, e.g. organizing the General Assembly.
- Report: At the General Assembly in 2021, each board member will be asked to report on what they have accomplished in their term.