Tasks of the PR Working Group:The PR team is responsible for the development and implementation of a PR strategy. The tasks include:
- Definition of SCC communication strategy: e.g. creation of a newsletter
- Managing Online Appearance: Inform the audience of the SCC about its goals, accomplishments, events and other activities
- Managing the SCC Website: Update important information and publish content, introducing a feedback option for members, publishing instructions about how to organize a local event (with PM group), etc.
- Managing Social Media: Creating content with creative ideas to involve members in posts and stories, developing a corporate design and templates, inform people inside and outside of the SCC about what’s going on, enhancing SCC’s vision through social media, etc.
- Creation of Promotion Material:Videos etc.
- Creativity and Innovation:T he PRcoordinator should have new ideas for SCC’s PR and find new creative ways to enhance its visibility in social media.
- Strong Communication Skills: Experiences with virtual multicultural teams, moderation skills, protocol writing experience, etc.
- Reliability and Responsibility: Being reachable, organized and structured, accomplishing tasks on time, keeping up with the processes of the PR-Working group and the board, etc.
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills: Empathy and emotional intelligence, intercultural sensitivity, inclusive and open personality, team-player, etc.
- Motivation:Dedication to spend much time in this position and the advancement of SCC.
- Strong leadership skills:experience in leadership positions, clear vision of what should be achieved with SCC, motivating others, etc.
Tasks as the Coordinator of the PR-Working Group
- Editorial Calendar: Creation of an editorial calendar(holidays, posts on Instagram and Facebook) and keeping the posting schedule up to date.
- Finding and Motivating People to Work in the PR-Working Group
- Managing PR’s Internal Communication: establishing regular communication between PR team members to set objectives, plan projects and fulfill tasks.
- Task Distribution and Monitoring: Coordinating which tasks are handled by which team member, delegating responsibilities. Tracking the progress of the PR working group and ensure the meeting of deadlines and objectives.
- Informing Team Members about Important Board Decisions
- Contact Person: First contact for questions, ideas and issues regarding PR.
- Creating Open and Inclusive Work Environment: Equal opportunities for everyone, respect for and inclusion of different opinions, promoting culturally and gender-sensitive communication.
Tasks as a Member of the Board
- Monthly Video Call Meetings: Preparation for and participation in all meetings is a crucial task for board members. This includes reading the agenda and proposals before the meeting.
- Informing Chairs and Board about the PRWorking Group: What was the group up to? What has it accomplished? What is it up to? Are there any problems which have to be discussed in the board meeting?
- Participating in the Decision-making Process of the Board: The strategic long-term decisions discussed in the board meetings require ever board member to engage in discussions to find the best solution.
- Representing the PR Perspective and Interests: In board meetings and in general matters, the PR coordinator represents the interests of the PR-Working group and likewise, contributes to the discussions with their group-specific knowledge.
- Taking over Special Tasks: Sometimes upcoming tasks match the responsibilities of several or no teams. In these cases, it’s the duty of all board members to take over these special tasks, e.g. organizing the General Assembly.
- Report: At the General Assembly in 2021, each board member will be asked to report on what they have accomplished during their term.